Thursday, April 4, 2013

Travel...Travel...Travel

This past week was Semana de Santa (or Holy Week aka Easter Week aka Spring Break). I was given the privilege to travel with Aderemos, which is the worship team here at MUNA. They have a vision to travel to each of the 18 states in Honduras at set up worship alters in the capital of each state. So the days were set up with worship workshops and then at night we would go to the local park and set up all our equipment, pull out the guitars and invite the people to come and worship God with us. As you may know I have no musical ability at all, but I was excited to go as a guest and see more of Honduras. I think that even though I didn´t know how to worship, I learned a lot about worship and a lot about who God is and that worship isn´t about me, but about him.

We also got the chance to go on a zip line that was HUGE! and yes I passed up the chance because my nerves got the better of me. A little regret, but only a little. It was also very cold because we were in mountains, and 60 degrees may not seem too cold but I think I have adapted to the normal 90 degree weather that I was freezing!

Overall it was a wonderful experience with a lot of great memories and building greater relationships. It´s amazing how much you can communicate even when two people don´t speak the same language. (My Spanish is improving at the rate of a turtle, by the way.)






















No comments:

Post a Comment